I hear “tell me about buying a new home in Tooele County Utah“.quite a bit. I think it has to do with a lack of housing inventory in the county. Rather than engaging in waiting and waiting & waiting some more for the right home to show up on the market, potential buyers are beginning to look at new construction as an option.
And, these home buyers might be on to something.
New construction inventory in the county is way up and in some market areas out here is greater than resales. Take a look at some of these numbers around Tooele County.
New Construction Inventory By City
Here is the breakdown of the number of new homes compared to new construction listings as a percentage of total homes for sale in the city.
- Tooele County Of the 197 properties listed in the county, about 37% have been listed as built or being built in 2017. See new home listings in Tooele County.
- Tooele City : Almost 21% of homes available for sale on the MLS are listed as being constructed in 2017. That is 15 of 72. Find new construction homes in Tooele City
- Grantsville UT Nearly 50% of the Grantsville inventory can be considered new construction. (15 of 25 built in 2017)) Check out listings of new home construction in Grantsville UT
- Stansbury Park UT Ten of the homes listed are listed as new homes. Sixteen of the 26 would be previously owned houses. Locate spec homes, build to suit houses in Stansbury Park.
- Erda Utah 5 of 13 houses on the MLS are new construction.Listings of new houses in Erda Utah.
- Lake Point UT By far the highest percentage of new homes to regular listings is in Lake Point where 13 of the 16 homes listed are either model home, spec home, homes to be built or buy a lot and pick a plan (build to suit).See all of the new construction properties for sale in Lake Point UT.
What Others Think Of Buying New Construction Homes
Since I live and work in Tooele, and have years of new construction sale experience I can see you wondering if I might be a little prejudice in my encouragement to consider looking at new houses rather than someone else’s possible problems. That might be true. So….. I’ve included some articles from other sources for you to read and have a slant other than mine. ENJOY!
- What I had to say about D.R. Horton article:
D.R. Horton has been building homes in Tooele for a long time. In fact they were one of the first nation builders to offer spec homes in this valley.Today you can find 100s of new house plans on build to suit lots @ Pastures @ Saddleback from around the $300,000s and up.
This article found in Zillow does a nice job of comparing the pros and cons of buying new construction. It points out the benefits of creating a personalized floor plan, and lack of maintenance concerns with greater location & existing landscaping as being on the pro side of buying a previously owned home.
You can find out about the downside as well as the upsides to buying a new home using one of the many low down payment loans available in Tooele County.
Ask Berna or Chris about the USDA no money down loan still available in Tooele County.
- So… There you have it. Either some encouragement or discouragement about buying new construction. If you decide you want to move forward you need to check out a couple more things before you pick an agent to help with the transaction. Number one, click on my page about buying new home construction on my website. second check out my bio, about Berna; to see what I’ve done so you can know what you can expect from me.
- Just call me 435-840-5029, I’ll know who you are, but just say “tell me about buying a new home in Tooele County Utah”.