There are lots of new homes being built in Tooele County.
The lack of inventory, low interest rates and competitive pricing compared to other areas along the Wasatch front has created a boom for new construction in Tooele County.
In fact, of the 191 homes listed for sale on the MLS in the county, almost 41% were started in 2017. Granted all of the 78 new houses are in various stages of completion, IE: to be built, under construction, spec homes and just a plan & lot package that can be built to suit.
Most of the new homes are being built in the 4 or 5 major communities in Tooele County.
Here are links to current listings
Why Buy a New Home in Tooele County
There are lots of new homes being built in Tooele County and there are a number of sound reasons why. Chief among those is the pool of possible home owners in the capital and population hub of the state.There is a desire for many of the home buyers in the Salt Lake market to look west towards Tooele County.
Some of the most obvious reasons to live in Tooele are:
- Proximity to National Airport: From most of the cities in Tooele County you are 20 minutes to airport.
- Rural lifestyle: You can own and keep your own animals, and ride your own horses or drive your own ATVs from nearly right out your own backdoor.
- Larger lots: Historically property that goes with new construction is more here than in areas around Salt Lake
- Price/value: House values when compared with similar properties along the Wasatch front are generally significantly less than in other areas in Northern Utah.
What Others Say About Buying New Construction:
Don’t just take my word for it. I have selected a few articles by other professionals in the field to share with you that can make the case for why you should buy new instead of settling for a resale. I hope you will enjoy these.
Unfortunately new homebuyers don’t get to live in their homes before they buy them. Practically speaking, they don’t invest time in doing their homework, …
HGTV’s Guide to Buying a Newly Constructed House offers five steps to help first … New homes are typically far from the city center; will you mind the commute?
Learn the most important things to consider when buying a new construction home. … Model homes are typically staffed by a real estate agent who has a …
Nov 4, 2014 … Newly built or pre-construction homes are the house of choice for many homebuyers.
- New homes are typically far from the city center; will you mind the commute?
- Are you willing to coax a new lawn into existence, and can you wait 20 years for sapling trees to mature?
- Will the cookie-cutter nature of new subdivisions drive you bonkers?
- New houses tend to be built right on top of each other. Do you mind the closeness and potential lack of privacy?
I hope this has been a helpful article, and you now understand the benefits of at least looking at new homes before you buy a previously owned one.I’d like to help with that. I’ve had a lot of experience selecting sites, recommending builders, consulting on floor plans, negotiating new home contracts with builders, etc.
Give us a call: Berna Sloan 435-840-5029.